This spaghetti is quick, easy to make and uses barely any ingredients all of which can be bought in most supermarkets. I bought all of mine in a Sainsbury’s Local!
It also contains protein, carbs and veggies so depending on how ‘buttery’ you make it it’s also pretty healthy.
Ingredients (to serve 2)
1/2 pack of ‘Cauldron’ Tofu
1 small onion
1 small courgette
4 cloves of garlic
Half a lemon
1 small chilli without seeds (or chilli powder)
Olive oil (or dairy free margarine)
Vegan Bouillion Powder (this can sometimes be hard to find but any veg stock works)
- Half an hour in advance ‘press’ the tofu. I use this by thinly slicing it, placing it on kitchen roll on a plate, more kitchen roll on the top then putting anything heavy on top (books, tins of beans etc).
- When pressed chop into small cubes and marinade with balsamic vineger, salt, pepper and a sprinkling of boullion. I don’t use oil because it blocks the flavours from absorbing into the tofu.
- Place the tofu on a v. lightly oiled baking tray and put under a medium grill for 5-10 minutes each side until crisp.
- (This is usually a good point to put the spaghetti on to cook)
- Thinly chop the onions and garlic and fry them on a low heat with plenty of olive oil and seasoning (salt/pepper) until soft.
- Thinly slice the courgette into long strips and add to the onions along with the chilli and 2 teaspoons of bouillion + more oil!
- When the spaghetti is ‘al dente’ drain and mix everything together. Add seasoning (bouillion, oil, salt, pepper) to taste + the juice from half a lemon + the crispy tofu and serve with plenty of rocket!